The Northeast Master Logger Certification Program (NEMLC) is the first third-party harvest certification program in the world and also earned the first SmartLogging certification through the Rainforest Alliance. Rainforest Alliance brings this global recognition to the NEMLC program and ensures that as similar harvest certification programs are created around the US there is an established precedent for a high standard of timber harvesting practices.
NE Safe Logger is an entry level safety and workers’ comp. compliance training program for new entrants to the logging industry. This is a way for your company to create a culture of safety and reduce risk.
For Forest Industry:
The Process of Certification:
We can help!
The Trust provides assistance to companies/foresters/loggers/forest products industry seeking group chain of custody or Forest Management certification. This includes:
- Guidance in the selection of a certification system that fits your company
- The development and documentation of your certification system
- Conducting a risk assessment
- Training your staff for their certification responsibilities
- Developing tools for maintaining your certification system
- Preparing your company for certification audits and assessments.
The Trust is experienced with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®), Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) and Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) chain of custody certification.
For more information contact Ted Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 207-688-8195 option 2.